Sunday, January 4, 2009

Chi Town

At Marshall's spending way too much! Imagine that?
The best drink ever! Peach Sake

Japonais by the River-Yummy Sushi

This weekend Aaron and I took a much needed trip to the city. It was wonderful to just get away and catch up, after being so crazy over the holiday. Of course, we did the typical, talked about our kiddos, the finances (yuck!) and our reflections from 2008 and plans for 09. We love being downtown, it's a blast just watching the people, eating amazing food http://www.japonaischicago.com/and sleeping a little later than normal (until 8am). We both continue to comment that Chicago is a place where ANYTHING goes, and I mean anything. There we were next to a couple who was completely making out at the restaurant, and ok, the girls and their clothes, or maybe I should say the minimal amount of clothes. WOW! I think I am sounding just a little old.
Anyway, we had a great time and I feel so blessed that we can get away once in a while to have some adult time. Aaron, you are the best thing in my life...you are the greatest dad and husband. I love you today and forever. Ok, enough of the cheesy comments! Just kidding!

1 comment:

kkb said...

we should plan a couples trip downtown sometime.... jason and i always do the same thing atleast a few times a year. wierd, because last month jason was up there for work at raved about the same restaurant! i want to try it out :)