Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Give me Grace


The perfect way to end Sloan's day is with these little prayers for each day of the week.  This has been my favorite book from when Qman was born.   I think it's great for kids but also for us adults, the prayers are for kindness, love and guidance.  It's such a simple book, yet means so much!   

MONDAY: make me good and kind to all creatures that I find.  Help me love God's whole creation.  Make my life a celebration.

TUESDAY:  teach me faith and caring, teach me wisdom, teach me sharing.  Raise me up and make me strong.  Be with me the whole day long.

WEDNESDAY:  make me full of light.  Guide my heart both day and night.  Give me gladness give me grace.  Shine your love upon my face.

THURSDAY:  open up my eyes to your angels in the skies.  Let me know their wings are near me, that they will always hear me.

FRIDAY:  keep the ones I love.  Comfort them from up above.  Lift their hearts and hold them dear.  Help them know that you are here.

SATURDAY:  in early morn make me thankful I was born.  Give my spirit peace within.  Let each day with hope begin.

SUNDAY:  in a quiet time, bless this little life of mine.  In the wonder of each day, let me live a holy way.

AMEN!  It's so calming and peaceful and I believe helps Sloany slept well.  Thank you for letting me share a special little tradition in our home!

2 comments:

Nicki said...

It's one of my favorite books to read to the kiddos too!

The Sullivan Sitcom said...

LOVE it!