Sunday, April 19, 2009

We did it!!

We ran the St. Louis 1/2 Marathon in the pouring rain!!!!  What a unbelievable day, the puddles, the wetsuits or speedos, the gallons of gatorade and the screaming fans all helped in "the experience".  Aaron and I both accomplished our goals.  Remember the post that committed us to this race?  What did  I say? Yes, Aaron didn't train but about 2 runs and of course, did amazing !!! He makes me so proud!!!

He finished in 1 hour and 47 minutes and I trailed behind him at 1 hour and 52 minutes.  

What helped me get thru each mile was thinking about all my family and friends.  Seriously, I dedicated each mile as I ran along to thinking about that person; I had several smiles, some tears and boy was it uplifting!  It truly helped, so thanks for the support!!!

The kiddos spent the night with CC and DD..... had a blast, as usual!  Unfortunately, since the weather was so bad they  weren't able to make it downtown to watch us cross the line, however,  told Quinton we had a medal waiting for him and boy did he think he was an Olympian.  

Thanks for all the sweet notes and comments!  It's great to know you can put your mind to something and have so much support!  Love to all.

(pictures to follow)

2 comments:

The Sullivan Sitcom said...

We are all very proud of both of you...way to go!

The Vlachs said...

Congratulations!!!! (wow! You two are fast!)