Friday, December 4, 2009

Elf on a Shelf

Isn't he cute?

Have you ever seen this? It's about the cutest thing for the holidays! I had heard about it from a friend and it's been a great start to a hilarious tradition for a family. Our elf's name is ELFIE! Pretty original... huh? He has kept Q on his toes...most of the time. Every night he flies to the north pole to report to Santa about our kiddos behavior, then in the morning he flies back into our home in a different spot.

Q loves getting up every morning to find our where he has landed this time! Sometimes it's on a shelf, but most of the time it's hanging from chandeliers, sitting on the tree or upside down in "mom's TJ Maxx decor". In the early morn, Sloan can find it faster than us, pointing....elf, elf, elf and giggling!!!! Then the one sided conversations that Q has with this creature are the best! "Well, Elfie, I didn't mean to push sister, she just was in my way of playing star wars, or Elfie, mom needs to go to time out she wasn't following my directions, or I am sorry for having a fit it really wasn't worth it...please don't tell Santa."

It truly has brighten our Christmas this year, not to forget about the real reason for the season, just to see the innocence of young children and the excitement of believing! Oh, I think I still believe! I hope Santa is good to you this year. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

No comments: