Sunday, November 15, 2009

Love and Respect


Aaron and I attended a marriage retreat weekend at our church with 2500 other people. At first we were a little uneasy about attending with all the craziness going on in our lives of selling our house, buying a new one and travels in and out of the country, but we decided to attend and we're thrilled we did....it was amazing! The presentation was so inspiring and it sure did make me think about our marriage and my day to day interactions with Aaron in this crazy world of life!!!!

A story that the pastor said when he opened the session.... A woman goes into her closet and says, "I have nothing to wear" which ultimately means I have nothing new to wear...a man walks in his closet and says, "I have nothing to wear" he means, I have nothing clean to wear.... woman and men are wired differently and neither are wrong "just different", no one is perfect and by just understanding that before reacting can safe a lot of effort. (oh how true!)

A simple concept that was the premise of the session:

Wives need Love and and Husbands need Respect (Ephesians 5:33)
"Without love she reacts and without respect he reacts"

It truly was an amazing experience. If you have a chance to ever see this couple present, do it!!!! Aaron and I plan to better adopt some of these principles to continue on the journey of what I love so much....being married to him ( see look at me....love, love, love , I 'm playing this role well!!!)

1 comment:

The Vlachs said...

You guys are such a great couple!!! Rob and I would love to do something just like that! Love, Meg