Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Oh what a night.....


















I felt this song just pop in my head.....after the great dancing with all the Delta Gamma Girls at Mizzou a couple weekends ago!

It was my sorority's 100 year anniversary and several of our pledge class planned to attend since last year. Some of us girls hadn't seen each other since school because of distance, masters degrees or careers that just haven't allowed the time, which was 10 years ago...OMG...we are old!!!

Even though we don't talk everyday it still felt like we picked up right where we left off; that's what is great about good friends, right? There was a lot of reminiscing going on.....from.....16 of us living in apartment complexes next to one another our senior year, eating lucky charms at all hours of the day and night, singing cheesy songs on the lawn every 10 minutes for practically 24 hours straight during rush week and sleeping in until about 1 pm on weekends and weekdays for that matter. The conversations have changed from what used to be who did you kiss last night and the night before? to... Tell me how you get that rash off your baby's a--? I just have to laugh.

It was an amazing weekend. The stories could go on and on, it was great to reconnect and cherish those memories. However, we all commented that we won't change our lives for anything now. We are so lucky with health, love and happiness. One thing hasn't changed and that's how proud I am to call all these girls my best friends....MY SISTAS!!!!!

Just a little song for memory sake, but it's true!

Mm-mm, my sisters Mmm my sisters
couldn't get a long without you now
I got along without you before I met you
but I sure couldn't do it now

I came to MU just to find
the girls who really are my kind
And now I know I found the best
DG's better than all the rest

( I think we thought we were pretty cool,....better than all the rest... I guess it's a sorority thing)

2 comments:

kkb said...

omg... looks like such a fun time! i didn't know you were going back for a girls weekend... you and all of your college friends looked great :)

The Vlachs said...

Hey girl! One of my favorite people in the world AND fellow DG! Let's do our secret handshake next visit ;) ITB!!! Meg