Saturday, March 28, 2009

March 28....



How could I forget?

Well it was a typical Saturday night, went over to some friends house with the kids, ate yummy pizza, watched the Mizzou tigers play a good hard game and then home by about 9:00 to snuggle them in bed. As I was reading to Sloan and then giving her a bottle, I heard on the radio "in this very room" which was sung at our wedding. ( I have included the song below as I have always loved the lyrics) As I stared into her almost closed eyes to say I love you, tears began to roll down my cheeks. The song reminded me....of March 28th....the day that Aaron and I started to date. March 28th, 1997 to be exact! Twelve years ago! I begin to think about that special day, a day I married my best friend, my partner, my husband!

If we wouldn't have made this day official, these amazing miracles would not have been in our lives, nor would I be complete! I am so thankful for everyday on this earth as it is a wonderful journey....God is Good!

( the story continues)  I left Sloan in her bed, went downstairs and said to Aaron, "Do you know what today is?" He said, "March 28th a special day, and left it at that!"
 WOW!  Times have changed he used to flatter me with gifts, love and action ( just kidding) on special days like this.   I guess I will wait for our Anniversary in May????
No, No No there is nothing I need to wait for, no materialistic item is needed as a reminder... I have all I need! THEM!  Our little foursome!

In This Very Room Words and Music by Ron Harris
Matthew 28:20" ... and, lo, I am with you always,even unto the end of the world."

In this very room there's quite enough love for one like me,And in this very room there's quite enough joy for one like me,And there's quite enough hope and quite enough power to chase away any gloom,For Jesus, Lord Jesus ... is in this very room.
And in this very room there's quite enough love for all of us,And in this very room there's quite enough joy for all of us,And there's quite enough hope and quite enough power to chase away any gloom,For Jesus, Lord Jesus ... is in this very room.
In this very room there's quite enough love for all the world,And in this very room there's quite enough joy for all the world,And there's quite enough hope and quite enough power to chase away any gloom,For Jesus, Lord Jesus ... is in this very room.

No comments: